Nortel IP Phone 1140E and T7316E Series Offer Excellent Functionality
Nortel IP phones have been instrumental in changing the landscape of the VoIP telephony field through their enterprise-grade functionality. The phones offered by this leading organization are considered state-of-the-art by all users due to the variety of features they offer to them. These IP phones tap into the resources of a reliable internet connection for making voice calls that offer better clarity than those made by legacy phones, that too at cheaper rates. The products offered by Nortel are widely available at leading online stores, which offer them at the lowest of rates with extended warranties and no delivery charges.
The Nortel IP Phone 1100 series is well known two of its headlining products – the 1140E TEXT and ICON. The phones are corporate-grade phones that are highly popular in companies that are looking to enhance their business communication system with high level, low cost SIP-enabled phones. Both these desktop IP phones possess multi-line capabilities and embody the ergonomic and sleek design that the 1100 series is easily recognized for. Some of the common features of these two phones are listed below:
• Both have a back-lit, monochrome, high-res display having 240 X 160 pixel size
• Both sport 14 fixed keys, 4 soft keys and a four-way navigation cluster
• They are equipped with integrated Ethernet 10/100 Base-T Switch with LAN and PC auto-sensing ports
• These two phones offer complete wired and Blue tooth headset support to the users
• Each model renders complete support of Nor-tel Communication Server Protocol and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to the user
• The phones run on Power over Ethernet (PoE 802.3af) as well as local AC power through a power supply that comes included with the hardware
The only difference between these two phones is that the ICON has an integrated USB port that supports mice, keyboard, keyboard-emulation devices and powered hubs, whereas the Nor-tel IP Phone 1140E TEXT does not.
Another top of the line SIP-phone is the Nor-tel T7316E is available in two variants and revolutionizes the way lines are displayed. It is a multi-line phone that can support up to 16 lines, thereby making it best for medium sized organizations. The functional Busy Lamp Field placed on the 2×16 character LCD display is able to add-on the T-24 KIM module, with the phone being able to work on the Nor-star 3×8, CICS and MICS systems. It also sports navigation soft-keys that are located below the display. It has a 24 programmable memory buttons, with 16 multi-segment icons, to allow swifter access to common features. Having the capability to support Nor-star & Business Communication Manager System, this phone is also fitted with a Volume Control adjustment for ringer, speakerphone, headset and handset volumes.